SimpleRose, Inc. (operator of simplerose.com) in St. Louis, MO uses groundbreaking methods to solve large, complex business optimization problems and provide the fastest most reliable result. We are seeking a Sr. Optimization Engineer. Individual will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of engineering and operations research principles, concepts and methods, including Tucker duality in optimization, to solve optimization and decision problems through quantitative analysis, modeling, and computational methods.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Scaling ideas into deployable algorithmic solutions to business problems. Working with large data sets, relational databases.
- Work independently to formulate problems, design optimization models, and evaluate solutions.
- Construct optimization models in Python that can be run on multiple solver platforms such as CPLEX, SoPlex, and Rose.
- Coordinate the work of customer operations research teams to develop project requirements and support project results.
- Design and implement pre-processing techniques in both Python and C++, design and implement in C++ methods to test the feasibility of solutions produced by Rose and write tests to verify code.
- Design and implement pre- and post-processing techniques in Python and run them on AWS to test their efficacy and implement production-grade versions of those prototypes in C++.
- Coordinate and direct a small team of developers to implement algorithms in software that reflect real world problems in optimization for routing, scheduling, assignment, planning, and design.
- Participate in team-based agile development, working both independently and as part of a diverse team.
NOTE: This position has no management authority and no discretion to hire, terminate, promote, make compensation decisions, or make budget decisions.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations or Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or any related IT or Engineering field of study, plus at least two (2) years of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
Qualified candidates must also have demonstrable knowledge, experience, skill and proficiency (gained through employment or education) with the following:
- Advanced mathematics, including matrix operations, group theory, linear algebra, and numerical analysis.
- Two or more of the following optimization software and libraries: CPLEX, Gurobi, XPRESS, Wolfram Mathematica, SAS or R.
- Developing in Python, Java, or C++ within a collaborative production environment.
- Developing system prototypes, testing, and validating new ideas through rapid experimentation and prototyping.
- Working with large data sets, relational databases, AWS, and Linux
- Demonstrated experience and ability to leverage cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and explaining technical and complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
Job Site: 1017 Olive Street, Suite 800, St. Louis, MO 63101.
No travel; no telecommuting.
No phone calls. EOE.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to fostering a diverse, collaborative work environment, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire based on merit and do not discriminate on the basis of any personal characteristics or other characteristics protected by law.